Sunday, August 1, 2010

day 1 in Haiti--- 7/23/10

During my week in Haiti I journaled everyday so I could share my experience with everyone!
ENJOY!!!
there are some pics mixed in to help describe what i'm writing.. i have many more on my facebook, so check those out too!!





9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."e]">[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."f]">[f]

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"g]">[g]

Romans 10:9-15

Today, and for the next week, I am in Haiti. God totally worked it out for me to come. He first gave me the desire to come and then He provided EVERYTHING for me to get here. The airport in Port au Prince is like a warehouse. Definitely different from what we see in the states. After we got our bags (minus 2 that never came..) we went outside and were bombarded with Haitians wanting to help us load and move baggage (so we would pay them of course...) To be honest.. I was kinda scared at this point. These guys were a lot stronger than me. One guy forcefully took the already hard to manage cart that I was trying to maneuver to our spot. I kept my hand on the cart and very ungracefully ran along beside him. We all ended up over at the side and waited for nearly and hour for a bus to come pick us up (they had forgotten we were coming haha).

After this eventful, tiring experience I was praying that the rest of this trip wouldnt be like that. I was exhausted and had felt extremely in danger. During the hour and a half bus ride (on roads only sometimes paved..) to the compound God showed me through His beauty that He has everything under control. The beaches and mountains we passed were beautiful. I wish you could see the view that I currently have.. On top of the building at the compound where we are staying, I am enjoying the beach in front of me and the mountains blanketed out to my right. Aaaaah its gorgeous!! God, thank you for this beautiful scene!!!!!

Psalm 145:18-20

18 The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.

19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.

20 The LORD watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.


amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment