Tuesday, August 3, 2010

day 2 in haiti! 7/25/10

Psalm 145:10-12
10 All you have made will praise you, O LORD;
your saints will extol you.

11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom
and speak of your might,

12 so that all men may know of your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.

I could live here forever. In this exact spot on top of this building. Your beauty, O God, is astounding. I'm captivated. I've been meditating on Psalm 145 for the past few days and every time I read it, God reveals something new to me. Today, Sunday, we went to church. It was HOT haha. It actually reminded me a lot of Costa Rica. A lot here reminds me of Costa Rica, and makes me miss it even more. I keep wanting to speak spanish to the Haitian people. I want to be able to communicate with them so badly!! I didn't understand any of the songs or really anything that anyone said haha (though I did pick out 'Daveet'--David-- and 'Goleeat'--Goliath-- in the sermon!!) but it was beautiful. I saw clearly God's love and His Holy Spirit poured out in that church. Throughout this day I have been continuously singing 'God of this City' by Chris Tomlin. It is my theme song for this trip and these people...

You're the God of this city, You're the King of these people, You're the Lord of this nation, You are.......... For greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city!!!!!! Can I get an AMEN???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmC44K0xQLE




2 comments:

  1. That song is really powerful. We sang it in Guatemala on a mission trip. Thanks for sharing about Haiti! :)
    ~Kathleen H

    ReplyDelete