Wednesday, August 4, 2010

day 3 in haiti! 7/26/10

I am so blessed to be here. Today was our first day in the clinic. We were at a church that was 2 hours (or more) away. There were 3 rooms on the side (Sunday school rooms) that we used and the open sanctuary was used as a waiting room. This church was actually being rebuilt because it had been completely destroyed by the earthquake. My job for today was handing out glasses. All of the lower strength glasses were gone before we were even done for the day. I think half the people wanted glasses because they thought they looked cool... It was a looooooong day. We didn't leave until about 4. I'm pooped, but it was well worth it! When the glasses ran out, I went outside and smiled and waved and talked (or at least tried to) with the kids. All of the kids are absolutely precious!! Here at the compound (which houses an orphanage) I have fallen in love with these kids. Sam and I play with them all evening. Bebe follows us (mainly Sam haha) around. I think I'm gonna be takin me home some Haitian babies. They've stolen my heart! Oh!! Yesterday, I played soccer with Sam and the kids. Though I utterly sucked (and the kids on my team probably wished I wasn't playing), it was really fun!! I pray that God will use me to show some motherly tenderness and love to these orphans.
What a day!! Thank you God for bringing me here.


Psalm 145:14
The LORD upholds all those who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.

When we BOW before the Lord, He will lift us up!!! amen.




Bebe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment