Thursday, August 5, 2010

haiti... day 4-- 7/27/10

Today was our second day in clinic. I got to work in pharmacy since we ran out of glasses. I really enjoy working in pharmacy!! Its just so organized, and I've found that I enjoy doing things where there is more or less a pattern and monotony.. and no real brain work involved haha... at least for a few days. Though I did miss getting to greet the people who came by (bonjou, bonswa, mesi, padekwa...). I didn't use the bathroom all day. I just couldn't bring myself to do it this time haha. After dinner back at the compound, Sam and I played with the kids till pretty late. They're starting to ware me out!!
This morning Charlie (our head translating/helper guy) got a call about a wreck just down the street. We stopped there on our way to the clinic to see if there was anything we could do to help. A truck had taken out 7 pedestrians before pinning a little girl between the truck and a tree. She was decapitated.... Very sad.... and not a good way to start the day. But God is in control and continues to show Himself every day.

Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment