Sunday, July 18, 2010

blessed in ways other than my own.. (HAITI!)

so while I was in costa rica a few months ago, one of the students in our group felt lead to put together a mission trip to Haiti. Now, I have NEVER felt called to go on a hard core mission trip that involves me sleeping on the ground and not showering for a week.. thats just not really me lol. I love helping people and going on mission trips, but only to a certain extent.. but God placed in my heart the desire to go on this mission trip to Haiti.. (I knew it was God, because I would have ever come up with the idea on my own to go and do this haha) anyways, so this trip never worked.. there were financial issues and a few other hindrances..

so throughout all of that I continued to pray about it, and I wondered why God would have placed that on my heart and then not worked it out for me to go. While sitting in church a couple Sundays after returning home from CR, I discovered that a couple from my church would be going on a medical mission trip to Haiti with some other doctors and nurses. With Haiti still on my heart, I volunteered to help them in any way I could. I ended up going every wednesday for about 3 weeks to help pack the medical supplies. Last week, I said to the guy in charge (not expecting anything to come out of this..) that I wished I could go with them.. He told me, "Ashley, if you get the money for the plane ticket, you can come with us. We have enough room."
The money, however, was my problem in the first place. So I told him I would pray about it and see if I could get any money donated. So I began to pray....

The next day this guy informed me that the church this trip is going through had talked and voted and had to decided to provide me with part of the money for the trip!! So I continued praying and I spoke with some family members and people from my church and 2 days later... I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I NEED TO GO!!!

God has completely worked it all out. He answered my prayers about Haiti. He really was the One who put the desire in my heart.. I guess I just had to have a little faith in Him to work it all out. It all happened not at all the way I had anticipated. God is teaching me that He WILL place desires in my heart.. but then I have to look to Him to fulfill them and to provide and guide me.

GOD IS GOOD... all the time... AND ALL THE TIME.. God is good.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment